mmax2
1 Nickel

RE: Issues with switchable graphics on Windows 8.1

It seems, it is a common issue when AMD and Intel graphics are together.

Maybe you can try procedure described in following threads. They are for different laptop type but the cause of the problem was the same.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19542884.aspx?pi239031352=3

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19537909/20492674.aspx#20492674

0 Kudos
kliantzas
1 Copper

I have searched in many forums and I have seen many alchemies, but the 99% of them wont work. I have tried many things myself too.

I would prefer an official Dell answer for who is to blame for this bug (Dell, Microsoft, Intel or AMD) and how they are planning to fix it...Do we have to wait a few months for a driver? Do we have to revert from Win 8.1 to Win 8?Do we have to ask for refund? This is  a huge issue and I would like to see an official response from Dell, which at this time silences annoyingly. 

0 Kudos
Olivier38
1 Copper

I have the same issue here. I would like a solution provided by Dell allowing us to keep both the performances and Windows 8.1...
Pich
1 Copper

Same problem here.

Inspiron 14z, 8GB RAM, I7, 256 GB SDD and has really poor performances.

0 Kudos
YaniM
1 Copper

I've got the same problem with an INspiron 17 3721 with switchable graphics and in windows 8 my games work fine, but in 8.1 the performances are poor. I followed multiple threads. but no awnser came from that. It is time Dell deals with this problem. I bought this laptop so that I could play games en now I feel like I've thrown my money away.

0 Kudos
Doug Lucas
1 Copper

I also have a Inspiron 14Z 5423, and the same problem! It's a shame... And Dell doesn't fix this problem... Poor service!!! I'm disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheMadangelo
1 Copper

Any news regarding this issue??

it's been 9 months since it was posted - why isn't there any official solution from dell yet??

** in my case, i had to disable the amd driver since it's also made the 'My Dell' Application crush in addition to giving me a blue screen instead of the Windows 8.1 login screen (and i'm quite sure it also made problems with the synaptics touchpad driver)

0 Kudos
Giorgos_Athens
1 Copper

This is an absolute shame on behalf of Dell. New pc Dell 3537 inspiron and the first day of purchase I had a blue screen. Now i still face same issues like the ones reported above. There is no answer plus nobody with an effective solution. Apple would never be that indifferent.

0 Kudos