Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2013 10:00

Jack Monitor No Longer Pops Up

Hey everyone!

For a little while now, I've had thus problem where the Jack Monitor in Dell Audio will not pop up when I plug an audio device into the headphone hack or USB port. I've tried re-installing the drivers for IDT Audio, which is associated with the program that facilitates the monitor, but it still has not fixed the problem. This issue is of particular importance for me back it continually interferes with how the audio is coming out of my computer. I will be listening to audio that originates from different sources (i.e. League of Legends, Skype, iTunes, etc.) and I will get audio in the headphones and out of the computer. Often times, LoL is in my headphones while Skype comes out of the computer speakers. Is there anyone that might have a fix for this issue?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 20th, 2013 17:00

Some games are set up to have 2 audio streams: the regular game audio and the communication between speakers. It is usually set for the game sounds to come through the speakers and the chatter to go to the headphones, but perhaps your configuration is reversed. Open the Sound properies and see what is set to be the default communication device on the Communication tab. However reinstalling the audio driver usually fixes configuration issues so you might have some other problem.

2 Posts

February 26th, 2013 11:00

Sorry for the really late reply on this. Life at university is pretty hectic haha! Anyway, I took a screen shot of the communication devices and their states. I don't really know what all of it means, but here it is.

Anyway, I will note that I have a headphone/mic headset that goes through the USB port. When that goes in, everything gets all funky. It's like the computer isn't sure how much sound should come out of the computer and which source should go out from where. Generally, changing the default devices (and sometimes disabling them) fixes this. I re-installed the IDT driver (which I assume is the audio driver) and nothing changed. Any other ideas?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 28th, 2013 19:00

Sorry for my late reply too. Have been under the weather this week and forgot about this.

I would try disabling the Communications device, then audio should just go to the normal Speakers/Headphones output.

No Events found!