Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 15th, 2016 19:00

Java Installers and Remover Will not open

Hello! I have a problem with my Dell XPS M1330. I finally got it to run properly after factory restoring it, but it came with all of the software installed on it in 2007. It had jre 6 installed on it, and I deleted it, for security, with the intention to install jre 8. I downloaded jre 8 online and offline, and they don't open at all. I cleared my temp files, they still don't open. The java removal tool won't open either. Other applications I installed, like Firefox and Office opened fine with no problem. It's just java. I tried online and offline, admin mode and not, and even the removal tool. But none of the java applications will start. Any suggestions? If you are wondering, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm pretty sure it has the latest updates, but I keep getting one or two updates at a time. I don't know if I have Service pack two or not. Thanks!

August 16th, 2016 08:00

I seem to have fixed the problem! If anyone else is having this issue, I recommend updating your software through Windows Update, and by going to Microsoft's website and installing Windows Vista SP1 and then Windows Vista SP2. After that, the java installer worked fine!

No Events found!