Highlighted
Sunnysideup23
1 Copper

Just bought a dell laptop

So, the issue im having is weird sounds whenever my laptop is on. (It sometimes slows down or stops for couple of seconds when i'm not touching the laptop)
 I was searching for youtube videos to find the exact same sound, so, go ahead and check this video to know the exact same sound issue im having right now.. Also, It can't be drivers fault, the sound isn't going on inside, it's going on outside, like something is stuck or idk. The most of youtube videos i was watching with the exact same sound had a title with (Issue with hdd) Can it be really HDD's fault? I don't know. Can anyone help me what to do?

Check this video out

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

RE: Just bought a dell laptop

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please list Dell model number and version of windows: Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, I'd suggest you run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and run Thorough Test mode. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

If there is no error code, I suggest you click on the link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

A guide to identifying the source of an Abnormal Noise on ...

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Please, keep in mind, you have 30 days from invoice date to return it and then order a new one. If this is a software issue, you also have 30 days of software support.

U.S. Return Policy | Dell

0 Kudos