RE: Just ordered the XPS 13 i7 Kaby Lake

Jump to solution

@Zkiss thanks for the forwarding. It seems there is some confusion on this matter.

@Ravi could you please assist us with this apparent inconsistency?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Community,

Please see my clarification here: en.community.dell.com/.../20971717

Justin C Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello Justin, thank you very much for the clarification. As soon as I receive my 9360 (manufactured today) I will check the MB version. I was used to the noiseless Macbook Pro, so I hope my first Dell will not be disappointing...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Fabrizio Della Lucia's

Thank you for your post and for choosing the 9360. Looking forward to your feedback.

Justin C Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
John4539
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Ravi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 9365. I checked my MB version and it is the A00 (I'm assuming that's correct, the entire number is, CN0DVT6M1296371A023CX00). Will the newly updated MB resolve the coil whine on my XPS? Looks like the A02 is the new MB?

John

0 Kudos
John4539
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Will this fix resolve the coil whine on an XPS 13 9365 with the A00 motherboard?

0 Kudos
aerobuffetguy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just looked at an XPS 13 at Best Buy and it was a rubberized black and had a model "9365" on it. This is (apparently) what was shown at CES last week. Ravi's post, below, indicates a new systemboard is one of the improvements. The model in Best Buy was $1400 with 16 Gb/512G HD at $1800 coming soon. But, I assume, the jury is still out on the coil whine issue.

I'm looking at the Inspiron 13 7000 at this point but may hold off another few weeks.

0 Kudos
aerobuffetguy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ravi - so it seems that John4539 is having the issue with a 9365. Also - assuming that the issue is (or will be resolved - will the resolution be released in non-touch models. Many of us don't really want to tablet features and the additional cost.

Thanks

0 Kudos
John4539
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@aerobuffetguy,

That's correct. As an FYI, mine is also 16GB/512SSD i7 7th generation. I love the laptop, however the coil whine is very annoying. I checked my motherboard, and it's the A00. According to the following thread, only the A02 motherboard features the coil whine fix...

en.community.dell.com/.../20971717

Hoping that this can get resolved soon. They don't offer the onsite warranty for this particular issue, so I have to send it back in to "depot."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello eveyone, just received my XPS 13 9360 (built the 20th of January). I'm surprised that the motherboard is the version A00 and not the A02. I didn't spent much time with it today, just configured and installed MS Office and my Adobe stuff, so I can't say much other than I can't hear any 'coil whining'. In general the perception is of a good machine a part of the trackpad which can't be compared to the MBP one... I feel that the TP half part facing the exterior is a bit loose, while the half part facing the keyboard is as solid as on the MBP.

0 Kudos