SLnat
1 Copper

KEYBOARD SQUEAKS - Dell XPS 15 9550

I have owned my Dell XPS 9550 for about 8 months now and noticed lately that the keyboard squeaks. It is hardly used so there is no wear on the keyboard at all. I tried calling Dell to troubleshoot the issue and after 1 hour on the phone, the response by the technician was that "since there didn't seem to be a malfunction to the space bar the annoyance would need to be tolerated". In other words there was nothing they could do.

Since I had purchased my laptop at Best Buy there I decided to have them review the problem and was told by a Geek Squad tech they had encountered this issue with the keyboard several times but they were not authorized to replace the keyboard on this laptop. That didn't make much sense to me but I had to accept his response. In desperation I checked online and noticed several articles about a squeaky keyboard on this laptop. Having paid US$2300 for this laptop, why should I accept such mediocrity? What else will go wrong in the near future with this laptop? 

Dell doesn't seem to want to take responsibility for this issue even though it appears to be  problem with the components of this laptop. Can someone at Dell please respond and help with a solution to my squeaky keyboard???

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: KEYBOARD SQUEAKS - Dell XPS 15 9550

Hi,

We’re listening. We’ll surely try and help you. Please PM the service tag, registered owner’s name and your email address. We’ll check and assist you with the available options. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

0 Kudos