Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2013 01:00

Keyboard Problem.

Hi There,I'm having keyboard problem.Example,i got ;w when i pressed on "W" button on my keyboard and i got ''gx" when i pressed on "G" button.

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2013 03:00

Hi EthanMing,

I would suggest you to run the diagnostics on the keyboard. Please follow the steps below to run the custom test on the Keyboard.

1. Restart the computer.

2. As the computer boots, press when the Dell Splash Screen appears.

3. When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option, or the Diagnostics option and then press to start the 32-bit Dell Diagnostics.

Note: In some cases PSA Diagnostics will run first. If you receive an error during PSA diagnostics continue onto 32-bit Diagnostics, Press N for No when it asks you to Continue Memory Tests.

4. Press the key to highlight ‘Custom Test’ Press to continue to 32-bit Diagnostics.

5. Custom Test–>keyboard–>Run Tests.

6. Please run the test check for the issue.

Please reply with the findings.

1.3K Posts

Hi EthanMing,

Did you make any recent changes to the computer? Please try the step below and let me know if it helps.

For Windows 7 or Windows Vista

1. Click Start

, type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

2. On the Keyboards and Language tab, click Change keyboards.

3. Click Add.

4. Expand the language that you want. For example, English (United States).

5. Expand Keyboard list, select the United States-International check box, and then click OK.

6. In the Default input language list, click Language name - United States-International (where Language name is the language that you selected in step 4), and then click OK two times.

7. In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click OK.

Notice that the Language bar appears on the taskbar. When you position the mouse pointer over it, a ToolTip appears that describes the active keyboard layout.

8. Click the Language bar, and then click United States-International on the shortcut menu that appears.

The United States-International keyboard layout is selected.

5 Posts

Thank you for replying but im using window 8.

5 Posts

August 10th, 2013 21:00

I did change the language but it doesnt help.And sometimes my keyboard become normal sometimes my keyboard become not normal.

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2013 00:00

Hi EthanMing,

Is the issue specific to any particular application or browser?

5 Posts

August 12th, 2013 08:00

Nope.I tried type in some browser and application and the results are same.

5 Posts

August 14th, 2013 01:00

Thank You very much.I already call for technician service and the technician already change new keyboard for me.It is keyboard problem I guess.

1.3K Posts

August 16th, 2013 02:00

Hi EthanMing,

I am glad that the issue is resolved. Kindly revert to us for any other queries or you could start a new thread in future for any concerns.

No Events found!