ld2017
1 Copper

Killer Wireless Issues wifi card

I recently bought a Dell xps 13(9360) model and found the wireless to be too slow. Called up support 4/5 times and wasted 5/6 hours. After the first time I started asking for a replacement wifi card, preferably Intel, but also a

I was surprised that they do not admit that there could be something wrong with the card. When I search the internet, it is full of horror stories.

Luckily, I can return the laptop, so I am trying to do so instead of wasting my time. When I use an old wifi dongle, there are no dropped connections and it is faster than the killer wifi.

Does anybody else have the same issue? Otherwise, I like the machine and would hate to see it go. But, the horror of being supported by such staff for another year seems to outweigh all other considerations.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Killer Wireless Issues wifi card

If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest you update the System Setup (BIOS). Please click on link below to safety install latest BIOS version.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer (Official ...

After you installed latest BIOS version, I suggest you expand System Management and then install Dell Command | Update. This Dell utility will update all drivers and firmware for your system".

How to use Dell Command | Update to update all drivers ...

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Killer Wireless Issues wifi card

Lastly,

Please stroll down to killernetworking's post in the link below. I'm hoping it will be a help to you:

Dell XPS 13 9360 - Wifi dropping out (or not connecting ...

0 Kudos