Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2013 01:00

[L702X] Orange Blinking Battery

Hello there,

here's my problem: after a BF3 play with battery in and AC adapter plugged in I noticed that battery icon was blinking like 4 times orange then white, which means "temporary battery issue" or something. This thing don't want to go away, even if I tried rebooting, cooling down laptop and battery, plugged out battery then put it back again, drain the battery to 1% and then recharged to the full, even update the BIOS to latest version (A19).

It happens that when I start my laptop without AC adapter I get a two-beep sound with the message that my "battery is temporary disabled and I need to cool it down and try again" and the battery indicator blinks like I said; it stop blinking when charge is below 95% and starts again when it goes over 97% or something like that. Battery Meter said that my battery is working without problems.

Are any chances to get this thing fixed? My laptop is older than 2 years and no longer in warranty.

Thanks in advance.

4 Posts

July 17th, 2013 02:00

Hi Sujatha,

thanks for your kind reply.

I have a colleague that own a XPS 15, I'll try her battery and I'll let you know.

• 

3.3K Posts

July 17th, 2013 02:00

Hi JanickGers,

Welcome to the Community.

Thank you for the trouble shooting steps tried to resolve the issue. Since the battery is performing normally, see if you can try another battery from a friend or someone whom you know who has a similar system. This will help to find out if if it is the system or battery issue.

4 Posts

July 18th, 2013 09:00

Hello,

yesterday I didn't tried another battery 'cause I was afraid to ruin that battery too... Yeah I know, maybe it will be not like that but I don't dare to do it.

Basing on past experience and on what I wrote in my first post, what can it be? Is there a way to stop that blinking?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2013 16:00

JanickGers,

Please continue with DELL-Sujatha K

Shutdow the computer.

Remove the battery.

Make sure to plug in the AC Adapter ONLY, then start the computer.

Is the blinking gone?

Your battery can only charge to a certain percent, mine is at 97%

I have a Dell XPS L501x and I get 4 orange and one white blinks. If I run on battery, after a few minutes, it goes away. The battery eventually will shoutdown the computer, it doesn't last as long as it used to.

If I have the battery plugged in and th ac adapter, once the battery reaches the highest percentage, it starts blinking again.

Rick

4 Posts

July 19th, 2013 04:00

Hey Rick, thanks for your answer.

Yeah my laptop behaviours just like yours. I explain.

It starts blinking when charged at ca. 99%; battery meter says my battery is OK.

If I plug out the battery it stop blinking, with battery in and AC unplugged the LED still blinks 'till percentage comes under 95%, then it stops.

It's annoying! I don't care about my battery, I mean, it's over two years old but still last about 2.5 hours, I just want that blinking go away cause as I said it's annoying :)

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 19th, 2013 15:00

JanickGers,

Maybe DELL-Sujatha K has found a way to turn this blinking off.

The only way I know to stop the blinking is to remove the battery and run on AC Power.

You can use the battery, after a few minutes, then blinking stops.

I'm hoping that maybe DELL-Sujatha K may have something in their internal manuals that tells how to turn off the blinking, other than replacing the battery.

Don't have the funds for a battery, so I just learned to live with it. My Dell Inspiron B130, does not blink.

Rick

• 

3.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 03:00

Hi JanickGers,

I suspect the issue may be with some connector where the system is not detecting the battery correctly.  To diagnose if it is the battery or the system, you will have to check this battery on a known good system or a known good battery on this system.

No Events found!