cto290
1 Copper

LAPTOP WORSE AFTER "REPAIR"

I recently bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series off the dell website. After about 4 to 5 weeks of use, I notice that the screen had a couple of really prominent white spots and I know that I was not the cause as it has only been used at home. So, I contacted dell and after 2 hours on the phone, they sent a technician over. The guy came and replaced my screen with a refurbished screen and I thought all the problems would go away.

Well after about 30 minutes after he left, I noticed that the screen was bleeding light from the backlight like there was no tomorrow! Now the screen would glow white light everywhere when it's on a black screen! NOT ONLY THAT but as you may know, the inspiron 13 is a 2-in-1 tablet/laptop and I noticed that the laptop does not detect that it is in tablet mode anymore!!! Now whenever I try to use it as a table, the keyboard and trackpad do NOT disable and tablet mode is basically useless! I also noticed that the screen touch sensitivity is horrible now, sometimes it doesn't even register my finger! The last thing that I noticed is that the IR light for windows hello takes FOREVER to work while before the repair it was almost instantaneous!

Dell really needs to have better technicians or check their parts before sending them out! The original white dots were a "screen defect from factory" according to the technician. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: LAPTOP WORSE AFTER "REPAIR"

I'd be angry as well. Hopefully one of the Dell reps here on this forum see this thread and speed up the repairs for you.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: LAPTOP WORSE AFTER "REPAIR"

" After about 4 to 5 weeks of use, I notice that the screen had a couple of really prominent white spots"

I'd suggest you ask for another new computer. It doesn't make any sense at all for you to be experiencing a faulty brand new computer.

U.S. Return Policy | Dell