Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2009 05:00

LATITUDE E6400 Sim Card Related Problem

Hi All,

I'm using a latitude E6400 and it has a SIM CARD slot but I seem not to be able to  located the drivers for it. I have tried all the drivers under the communications section at the driver download page but it still doesnt work. I simply cant get it to work.

Please Refer to the page!

Can someone please help me ?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=6R1DM3J&SystemID=Latitude%20D630&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 18th, 2009 05:00

The SIM card doesn't need a driver.  It can't be used alone anyway - it's the WWAN card that needs the driver  -- along with your subscription (in the US) to AT&T cellular broadband.

7 Posts

February 15th, 2010 23:00

HI

I have a Problem, The Simcard do not show up in the BIOS. I have tried the same SIMCARD  with our another machine but different model and it works perfect.

I have Upgraded BIOS to new version A20. But still no luck, What would be the problem?

thanks alot in advance

Ed

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 16th, 2010 04:00

The SIM card will not show up in BIOS setup - it's the WWAN card that needs a driver, NOT the SIM.  What model WWAN card do you have?

7 Posts

February 17th, 2010 01:00

Problem is solved!

WWAN card was missing from laptop.

I actually did so many things to install the WWAN driver, but  guess what was the problem here?  My computer has place for SIM CARD but the WWAN was missing from the E6400. 

So my advise to others are FIRST check if your computer comes with WWAN  card By looking at device manager or removing backside   so you would know if that is installed or not or It might show up in Device manager and you can find proper driver for it . You can also try to find the correct model by little programme called  unknowndevicedetector.

Hope this help some one

Mehraban

66 Posts

November 25th, 2013 16:00

Hello! Where is WWAN card located on motherboard?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2013 17:00

It isn't on the mainboard.  It's an optional mini PCIe card in the slot marked "wwan" if you purchased the system with that option when you bought the notebook.

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 10:00

Can an existing Dell E6420 have the PCLe card added and a SIM card added to provide Internet access?

My current Dell E6420 has the SIM card slot but no driver or PCLe card.

Please elaborate your answer.

1 Message

June 29th, 2016 22:00

arslan

1 Message

April 28th, 2017 01:00

SIM CARD on Latitude E5570

Referring to the aforementioned subject, kindly be informed that we search for a driver or software that solve the detection of the SIM CARD which already have slot as a part of in my laptop Latitude E5570.

We found that another device (WWAN) should be installed in the laptop to let the SIM CARD working properly.

Unfortunately, DELL make a very smart laptop with high performance and with nonworking features.

There is something need to review and check by the technical team in this regards.

Best Regards,

Mohamed Hegazy

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 28th, 2017 09:00

The only WWAN card supported in this system is the DW5811 -- if that's what you have, the drivers are here:

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

For any other card, you'll need to contact the card manufacturer for compatibility and driver information.

No Events found!