Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2012 15:00

LCD LEAKS TOXIC LIQUID

Service Tag: I have been using DELL XPS 1645 for the last 3 years. Since I purchased, I noticed water lines on the screen. It was simple enough to clean. Recently when I sent my computer for a repair, I mentioned the issue and they told me it could be coming from motherboard if somehow had some spill. However no spill was happened. They replaced the motherboard. I got the computer back but this issue came back. I started to search in internet and discuss with Dell and understand that this issue was coming from LCD screen and the liquid is toxic. I and my family including my son (now at 10), we were touching and possibly exposing to our month for this toxic material for the last 3 years. This issue was identified by others in Dell's discussion board...Some of the LCDs were defected...Dell never informed me about the situation and now since computer is out of warranty, they refuse to replace the LCD. On the other hand, this issue is for human safety and they should have collect entire problematic lcd's from market. Could you please let me know what to do on this subject. Best Regards Murat Altun Above also submitted to Health Canada and consumer.ca. If you do not response in a timely manner, I will start blogging and send email to my 40,000 subscribers. Also because of improper maintenance, although $452 paid, motherboard was not repaired properly. I have already lost 1.5 weeks and plus the fixing the problem. My hourly rate is $120/hr and this causing me problem. Today, I have had almost 3.5 hours of talk with Dell and had no proper agreement. I had to explain the problem almost 6-8 times and this is ridicules. WHO makes the decision is completely unknown there. This video shows the issue in motherboard after being repaired. http://youtu.be/Cn177Y7DiYg I have already did formal complain to Health Canada. I am looking forward an immediate resolution from Dell otherwise I will elevate this issue for higher levels as the issue becomes and human safety / health. Best Regards, Murat

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 24th, 2012 16:00

Mealtun

I may be able to help.  Please shoot me a private message, just click on the link to my signature.  Please include the service tag of the notebook, your name, and any case numbers that you may have received from tech support and I will be happy research possible service options.

Thank you

TB

1 Message

April 24th, 2012 18:00

You may want to try to remove the memory to see if the video corruption is still there.  you also may have a driver issue given the blue screen error..

\\Damien

No Events found!