Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2012 14:00

Lagging of audio output

Sorry, i did not take time to browse the whole forum. Its very late now and too sleepy.

I hope you could help me with this problem about my "lagging" or delayed output sound when using an external mic or line in.

I have checked the settings, but i cannot clear them. I put an audio source in the line in but in my headphones output, it is delayed, like somewhat an effect was there, but actually a delay. It give me not the "real-time" output.

I'm too sleepy now, i cannot give the specs, its dark and lights are off, i cant look for papers at the moment. My audio: IDT 92HD79B1 Driver .

Version    : A01

OEM Name   : IDT

OEM Ver    : 6.10.0.6267

Computers  : Inspiron - N4020, M4010, N4030

Oses       : Windows 7 32-bit Home Basic, Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium, Windows 7 32-bit Professional, Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate, Windows 7 64-bit Home Basic, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, Windows 7 64-bit Professional, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, Windows Vista 32-bit BusinessWindows Vista 32-bit Home BasicWindows Vista 32-bit Home PremiumWindows Vista 32-bit UltimateWindows Vista 64-bit BusinessWindows Vista 64-bit Home BasicWindows Vista 64-bit Home PremiumWindows Vista 64-bit Ultimate

Created    : Sun Sep 12 11:47:00 CDT 2010

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 26th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Is this the first time you experience this problem? Was your mic working before with no delays? Did you install any update or any software?

Try updating your IDT audio driver, latest is A02. Here is the link ;

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Download file and install then test the computer again.

Hope this helps,

2 Posts

June 26th, 2012 22:00

When i bought this one, i have not tested the mic in/line in so now i have just discovered it at home. The laptop is bought far away from this place, and i am in a different country (English is hard for the locals) so i cant return it now, and this laptop will be 1year old this August.

I'll be back, I'll try this. Yeah this computer automatically updates itself, but the IDT was installed already when i bought this.

I will remove it and put the new one you have sent me. Back-ups for sure.

I would like to thank you in advance. Your name matches who you are :)

No Events found!