Highlighted
Teamwest
1 Copper

Lags when video plays on fullscreen on on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

I've purchased a new Dell inspiron 7559 with an i7 6700HQ processor, 8GB ram and also with a FullHD display. And i found the problem.

First time i see lags when I watched video in Chrome in fullscreen mode. if I disable it there is no lags. I read the forums and saw the that problem was solved when you disable hardware acceleration, or change the graphic card that accelerate the video. So I enable GTX960m for Chrome.

But lags still there, when I watch video with VLC or another player, in fullscreen i still have lags every 10 seconds. I think this can be problem with Intel HD graphics.

Anyone have same problem?

And yes, I update all drivers, reinstall VLC, download codecs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

RE: Lags when video plays on fullscreen on on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

What you are seeing my be due to the video encoding process.  What resolution it was originally and how it is being streamed can make a difference.  If not that, then perhaps your network is not able to supply the computer with a stream of high enough quality to show the full screen versions.

I have a Desktop with two GTX 980s and three monitors and that same type of thing happens with it.  But Chrome is a resource hog... it does seem many of the posts about audio/video problems state they are using Chrome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Teamwest
1 Copper

RE: Lags when video plays on fullscreen on on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

What you are seeing my be due to the video encoding process.  What resolution it was originally and how it is being streamed can make a difference.  If not that, then perhaps your network is not able to supply the computer with a stream of high enough quality to show the full screen versions.

I have a Desktop with two GTX 980s and three monitors and that same type of thing happens with it.  But Chrome is a resource hog... it does seem many of the posts about audio/video problems state they are using Chrome.

But now Chrome works good, without any lags.

But if I watch films in VLC I have lags.

The main thing is that Chrome had same problem if I used Intel HD hardware acceleration. after i change it to GTX - problem has gone.

Media Players cant be changed, they use only Intel HD.

Thanks for answer.

0 Kudos