Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2017 08:00

Lags when video plays on fullscreen on on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

I've purchased a new Dell inspiron 7559 with an i7 6700HQ processor, 8GB ram and also with a FullHD display. And i found the problem.

First time i see lags when I watched video in Chrome in fullscreen mode. if I disable it there is no lags. I read the forums and saw the that problem was solved when you disable hardware acceleration, or change the graphic card that accelerate the video. So I enable GTX960m for Chrome.

But lags still there, when I watch video with VLC or another player, in fullscreen i still have lags every 10 seconds. I think this can be problem with Intel HD graphics.

Anyone have same problem?

And yes, I update all drivers, reinstall VLC, download codecs.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 08:00

What you are seeing my be due to the video encoding process.  What resolution it was originally and how it is being streamed can make a difference.  If not that, then perhaps your network is not able to supply the computer with a stream of high enough quality to show the full screen versions.

I have a Desktop with two GTX 980s and three monitors and that same type of thing happens with it.  But Chrome is a resource hog... it does seem many of the posts about audio/video problems state they are using Chrome.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2017 10:00

What you are seeing my be due to the video encoding process.  What resolution it was originally and how it is being streamed can make a difference.  If not that, then perhaps your network is not able to supply the computer with a stream of high enough quality to show the full screen versions.

I have a Desktop with two GTX 980s and three monitors and that same type of thing happens with it.  But Chrome is a resource hog... it does seem many of the posts about audio/video problems state they are using Chrome.

But now Chrome works good, without any lags.

But if I watch films in VLC I have lags.

The main thing is that Chrome had same problem if I used Intel HD hardware acceleration. after i change it to GTX - problem has gone.

Media Players cant be changed, they use only Intel HD.

Thanks for answer.

No Events found!