Aurora16Magic
1 Copper

Laptop Damage & Laptop Bag

Hi

I am the proud owner of a Precision Laptop which I bought in Dec 12.

But a couple of problems have happened :

1) laptop damage

2) laptop bag - can you help ?

1 - Damage :
Sadly my temporary laptop bag an HP one ... (as I failed to find one that I liked when I was buying my laptop and then life overtook me) .... broke it's catch and the laptop in the bag fell and was badly damaged.

However the parts for my laptop are not in the UK (D'Oh) so I am now waiting around 3 weeks to get what is meant to be (and paid for '24hr repair service')

Why did Dell launch a laptop and not have a FULL stock of parts in the UK ! ???? How totally stupid ! IMHO ! Smiley Sad

2- Laptop bag
This is a heavy laptop and needs a really good bag.
It measures 415x270x39mm.
I am greatly saddened that Dell has very few bags (2 = rucksack or v expensive 'case') that will fit, but are not what I want.

A friend HAS a really nice Dell laptop toploader bag and I really want the one he has. It's: material, black, pockets (about 10 each side!) either side of the central slot/sleeve for the laptop, two handles and a good shoulder strap.
It really does have loads of pockets and with a good quality liner for the laptop it makes for a really good bag. The toploader makes it easy to get in and out when in business meetings and at other occasions. Smiley Happy
I have his Service Tag number but am failing to get the help I want from Dell - v v v sadly. We had hoped it would reference the bag and then be able to use that to hunt all US outlets for it. There are no Dell outlets in the UK so you have to just go to 100's of individual outlets or the likes of Tesco etc.
I had hoped that by finding the Dell Design team they could at least help tell me what the bag is called or referred to as.
Dell don't put any model number anywhere on or in the bag (!!) and one gets totally stuck when trying to specify it !
Can you identify it can you help me find one - even a 2nd hand one would be helpful! Smiley Happy

Dell chat (where she asked me the model number, in spite of already telling her that there was NO number or ref anywhere!!!) suggested bags that don't fit & so have other Dell staff !!! D'Oh !
When I gave a similar bag reference DP458 to another Dell staff member he then told me that was the number for the bag I was looking for !!! What ! ????
Then he told me he couldn't see any details of the bag as it is no longer supplied ? So how did he possibly think that was the reference number for it ?

What is wrong with people ? Has common sense left all the staff - surely not ? Smiley Sad

Perhaps this is why the original Dell chap wants to buy the Company back before the reputation is totally ruined. Smiley Sad

So can you help me find my bag ?

I hope someone can tell me how to upload some images of it ? Or I can try a link to Dropbox or something ?
Thanks for all help.

Mods I tried looking to place this post in 'Accessories' but there is no Topic for bags !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Laptop Damage & Laptop Bag

Hi Aurora16Magic,

Apologies for all the inconvenience. It seems you are already in talks with Dell Technical Support for the broken laptop issue. The 24 hours repair service is subject to the availability of parts and at times the parts are not readily available in stock.

However, if you want me to look into the matter, please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will let you know what best can be done as soon as possible.

As far as the laptop bag is concerned, the part# DP458 refers to the top loading laptop bag. It seems the bag is not available on dell website. I did some research and found out the bag that you want on ebay. Please refer to the link below:

http://bit.ly/12f7BeG

Hope this helps. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos
Aurora16Magic
1 Copper

Hi

Thanks for the quick answer BUT ...

Yes will PM you re parts ... Smiley Sad

Bag - let me be even more clear ....

It is NOT DP458 that is the one that is TOO SMALL. ! And it only has a few pockets.

We do NOT KNOW the part number of the larger version of this type of bag. Smiley Sad

That is what I am seeking ... Smiley Happy please help.

0 Kudos

Hi Aurora16Magic,

Thank you for the information. I am able to get the part number for the carry case from the information you provided.

The correct part number for your laptop should be C5CDG. It’s a top loader nylon carrying case for 15.6”laptop.

The bag is not available with Dell. However, I did some research and found it on Amazon UK. Please refer to the link: http://amzn.to/12nosvJ  

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the findings.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos