Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2016 23:00

Laptop Dell 5559 : Plugged in, Not Charging

Hi guy

I have problem about this issue in this morning, Turn on computer then there is pop-up told me "Your computer will turn down if you unplug battery"

So at the battery icon on bottom right said "92% Plugged in, Not Charging"

I try to send email to Dell support service but my service tag was unavailable. I don't know why ???

Dell's staff have some idea for help me please ?

My email is :  Email id removed per privacy policy>

Please send email to contact me directly because my English is not good I can't get all of information if talk by phone

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 26th, 2016 15:00

:emotion-2:

Method 1

A) Power off computer, unplug the Ac adapter from the wall socket, close the display and turn the Computer over. Remove the battery from the laptop

B} Press and hold in the " Power On " button for 15 seconds then release. Replace the battery

C) Plug the Ac adapter into the wall socket, then the laptop. Press the "Power On" button. Hopefully there no error message

Method 2

A) Type troubleshooting control panel onto the (Cortana) search bar, click on "View All ", and then click on Power.

Method 3

A) Update System Setup (BIOS)

www.youtube.com/watch

2K Posts

June 26th, 2016 16:00

Hi HYDEHALF,

Are you using an original Dell Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Could you check this adapter on another system if possible?

If possible - update the BIOS - http://dell.to/292BInj - restart the system and check.

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag or order# and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. If the system is under warranty, then we can help book a service call.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!