Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2017 05:00

Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series 7570 opinion

Guys,could you help me to decide?!?!

I m going to buy a Dell Inspiron 7570, i would like to have your opinion about it as i couldnt find any review on the on line.

Here there are the information..

8th Generation Intel(R)Core(TM) i7-8550U Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Truelife LED-Backlit Narrow Border Display

NV GeForce 940MX 4GB GDDR5

512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

8GB, DDR4, 2400MHz

42WHr, 3-Cell Battery (Integrated)

What do you think about the battery? For a normal browsing and Office programm use how much could it last?

Thank you in advance!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

These haven't even shipped yet (October 3 is the release date) so you likely won't see much for a while -- and note that if you're on a tight time schedule, there are often delays with new models like this one.

It looks like a solid mid-range multimedia notebook - if you're planning intensive gaming, look elsewhere.   If you're looking for XPS-level build and materials quality - look elsewhere.  If you're willing to live with the design compromises of a lower-cost system (more plastic, less metal, etc.), it may be a good system for you.

If you look at the existing Kaby Lake model, battery life seems to be rated quite good (with the FHD screen; with a 4K screen it'd be appreciably less).

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

You must call Dell for an exact price.  The cheapest way to buy the extension - it will be more (think 2-3 times more) after purchase).

A 3 year depot warranty should run the equivalent of about $100-120 US.

How much do you think is going to cost the warranty for those 3 years? can i extend it even after the purchase or it is an option that i need to purchase at the very beginning?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

In the US, the release date is 10/3 -- it may be different elsewhere.  The system will handle those tasks easily - that said, if you know you're going to need the system for three years, upgrade the warranty to cover the system for  those three years -- note that hardware failures on notebooks are still fairly common, and with everything inside on one board, repairs are expensive.  

Hi ejn63,

My friend has already bought that model a couple of days ago, we are from the united kingdom though... he is still waiting for the delivery and they said it was already shipped and should come in a couple of days, but you just told me that it hasnt been relased yet, how is that possible?? another question, he has to use it for an university degree so he will probably use just word, excell and others office programms... what do you think? we are looking for a ppc that could last at least 3 years without giving much problems...

Thanks for your time!

October 30th, 2017 07:00

$2465.28

I HAVE THE LAPTOP RIGHT NOW

THE DIFFERENCE IS I HAVE 256GB SSD INSTEAD OF 512GB SSD

No Events found!