Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 04-05-2011 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
Not applicable

Laptop Dell Inspiron 15R M5010 doesn't start Bios nor Windows

Well, I was hoping someone can help me out because i'm having a problem with the computer. The bios doesn't start nor windows, the screen just goes black while the power button is on. When the screen is black it just starts beeping, and doesn't goes any further from there. I'm not sure what's the problem, I tried formatting, and reinstalling windows 7, but didn't seem to solve it. The problem happens most of the time, but not always. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? It will be of a great help.

P.s. You can call me Rick

Reply (1)

Rick,

There may be a problem with any of the hardware components on the system, as you have tried to reinstall the OS and it has not fixed the issue.

As you have mentioned that this does not happen always, the hardware component causing this issue may be at its end of life. I can recommend you to run hardware diagnostic tests on your system to find the root cause of this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the below link and if you get any error codes, post it in your next reply. I will be glad to help.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_300428&isLegacy=t...

However if all the tests pass, you may want to check if the RAM/Memory is seated correctly to the motherboard.

Regards,

Niranjan

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions