Highlighted
Not applicable

Laptop Not Charging and not turning on also

Jump to solution

Hi, my laptop (dell Inspiron 15 7000 series-7537) is not charging, tried the charger with another laptop and it works , so it's definitely not the charger wrong, it also has been discharging sometimes when I charge it " like it shows not charging" on the screen ..... Any ideas on what to do or do I have to send it in for repairs and how much will it cost me??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Laptop Not Charging and not turning on also

Jump to solution

Does the system power on at all?  If not, unplug, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Remove the base cover and remove and reinstall both memory modules.  Plug in the AC adapter and see if it'll power up.  If it will with the battery disconnected but not with it connected, the battery is bad.

If it still won't power up, check the USB ports for damaged pins that may cause a short-circuit.  Failing that, if you've already tried a new Dell AC adapter to no effect, the power jack is the next possible suspect -- that's about a $35 part:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

If replacing that doesn't solve the problem, you're looking at a mainboard replacement - on the order of several hundred dollars for the part, plus labor to install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Laptop Not Charging and not turning on also

Jump to solution

Does the system power on at all?  If not, unplug, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Remove the base cover and remove and reinstall both memory modules.  Plug in the AC adapter and see if it'll power up.  If it will with the battery disconnected but not with it connected, the battery is bad.

If it still won't power up, check the USB ports for damaged pins that may cause a short-circuit.  Failing that, if you've already tried a new Dell AC adapter to no effect, the power jack is the next possible suspect -- that's about a $35 part:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

If replacing that doesn't solve the problem, you're looking at a mainboard replacement - on the order of several hundred dollars for the part, plus labor to install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos