Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2013 22:00

Laptop Service tag is rubbed off and LCD display has gone

My laptop fell down from a chair and its LCD display got cracks and It's completely damaged. I have warranty till december of this year, Unfortunately my service tag is rubbed off because of usage.  What to do please suggest me

August 5th, 2013 23:00

Hi Saipraneeth

As suggested by m_a_rem you can try those steps. If you are able to get a display on an external monitor.

You can still find the service tag in Bios or  on the box. You can also look for express service code which is a 10 digit numeric version of service tag. To go to Bios please follow the below steps

1. Start the computer by pressing the power button

2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times

3. You will now be on the BIOS screen

4. On the Bios screen look for the service tag

Once you find the service tag please reply through a private message. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 6th, 2013 06:00

Attach an external monitor and F2 into the bios which would have the service tag.

341 Posts

August 5th, 2013 22:00

if you are able to view anything out of that cracked screen.. or if you can connect an external monitor...

go to www.dell.com/.../ProductSelector

choose the radio button : Automatically detect my Service Tag for me

this will run a small program and it will automatically show the service tag.. using that you can lookup the warranty as well... check if you have complete care or not. if there's no complete care coverage, then i guess the damage cant be replaced for free... you will have to pay

147 Posts

August 6th, 2013 06:00

Download Belarc Advisor & run the program and it will give you the service tag # along with all of the other information.

August 6th, 2013 07:00

Thank you srikanth..:)

It's worked for me much relieved...!

when I contacted customer service they're asking for owner's name..

and they're saying owner name is not matching. I got it from my brother in US I explained the situation to them but, they're asking for ownership transfer.

kindly help me,

Thanking you once again,

August 6th, 2013 22:00

My response

Hi Saipraneeth

You are welcome, Please have your brother send the invoice copy of the purchase to you and you can send the copy to me along with the service tag so that I can check and see what best can be done. Please send me these details in a private message to help you in a better way. Waiting for your reply.

August 6th, 2013 23:00

No Events found!