Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2017 17:00

Laptop Stalling/Resetting, losing Wireless Network capabilities--Possibly Network card/driver--Dell Inspiron M531R-5535

Hello, seem to be having a rather serious issue with my laptop lately. It seems to be occasionally going through a sort of crash. First it "stutters", locking up, unable to move the mouse, if audio is playing it will loop. Then it just resets itself, as if crashing. There's been no consistency on to what causes it, or how often. Playing a Youtube video, running a virus scan, trying to reinstall the network driver, or even just trying to open up the network center in control panel. Sometimes it will go ten minutes, sometimes a couple hours before resetting itself. When it comes back, I no longer have any wireless network capabilities, and the network driver is missing. The icon displays a box, rather then a wifi symbol, with a red 'x', and says "No connections available". Resetting it again seems to fix it, but some times it takes a a few tries. And sometimes it seems I lose just my wireless network capabilities, without a crash (something that happened while writing out this post). The icon stays a wifi symbol, but with a red x. No one else in my household is having any issues, and my phone connects just fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless driver, but that doesn't seem to work. I reset the modem, of course, but that didn't solve it. I ran a diagnostic with the Dell Support Assist, but it said it passed and detected no issue. Only solution I've found seems to be to restart it, and hope it takes a while before it crashes again. My laptop model is in the subject, the wireless adapter seems to be a Dell wireless 1705, and I'm running Win 10 64. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

• 

16.7K Posts

September 6th, 2017 09:00

AlecR,

You may want to reset the computer back to factory image. You also may want to format and reinstall Windows, Drivers and Software. 

Try reinstalling the chipset drivers in the system and reboot, Once back up reinstall the drivers for the wireless card. Below are some links that may help you restore or reinstall Windows.

Inspiron 5535 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Drivers Install Order

Factory reset, restore, or reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell computer

No Events found!