Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 16th, 2013 20:00

Laptop Suddenly shutoff...dell latitude e5400

hi Dell, I have dell Latitude e5400 and for last 1 month I am facing a problem, my laptop suddenly turns off automatically withoutay error, it happens everytime when I am using specially on Wfii and when I take my system to a technician then it works proper. Never turns off whenever I go to the concern person. System technician checked ma and charged me lott $$ but after 1 day working its doing same thing . please help me out with this if any body know about the problem.... :emotion-39:

2.6K Posts

May 17th, 2013 01:00

Hello Ozman1,

It can be frustrating when you are facing such issues with your computer. I would request you to help me with few details in order to assist you further.

• How often does the system shuts down?
  • Since when are you facing the issue?
  • Were there any recent hardware or software changes made on the system?
  • What are the external devices connected to the system?
  • Is the system getting overheated?

I would also suggest few steps that might help. Please try the following steps:

1. Releasing the residual power from the system. 
    Disconnect all the external peripherals from the computer including the battery and the ac adapter and release the residual power by pressing and holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds. Turn on the computer and check.
  2. Disconnect all the external peripherals and check if the system is still restarting.
  3. Check in Safe Mode if the system is restarting. To boot into safe mode, restart the computer and keep tapping F8key at the Dell logo screen. From the Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode and hit Enter. 

Please try the steps and back with details. 

2.6K Posts

May 20th, 2013 08:00

Hello Ozman1,

Please help me understand if the issue persists in Safe Mode. I would also request you to run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics
Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action.

Awaiting your response!

4 Posts

May 17th, 2013 17:00

Thank you Dell-Allan D for you reply and I tried everything what I could do.

1. It turns off in every half hour,  sometimes when I turn it ON after 5 minutes it turns OFF.

2. Since 2 weeks and I took it to technician and after that it has same problem.

3. No hardware change. And before this problem I did'nt  change any software before that cox I purchased it a month b4.

4. It was Printer ttached to this system Hp printer laserjet 2550 and it brand new.

5. No systems is not getting over heated cox my use is normal. I dont play games and not that much downloading.

I use it for studies only and only for 2 hours a day just.

And I tried everything that you asked me to do but again same. :/

4 Posts

May 21st, 2013 16:00

Thanku Sir ... I went to a Dell Store they checked laptop again and the problem was processor, They changed the processor and now its working fine.

2.6K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 07:00

Hello Ozman1,

I am glad to know that the computer was fixed. Please feel free to write back to us if you need any further assistance.

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 22:00

well i should say thaku to you.. but my system is still doing problem and I know its processor.. Is there any way i can repair same processor or should i buy a new 1... if it can repair then plz tell me ]

2.6K Posts

May 27th, 2013 06:00

Hello Ozman1,

Apologies for the delay in response! When you say that the system is still doing problem, I would like to know what exactly is it doing. Are you facing the same  problem you posted initially? I would request you to elaborate about the issue that you are facing after replacing the processor.

I would also request you to run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics as mentioned in my earlier post and check if you get any error message.

No Events found!