Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Laptop Touchscreen Stops Working Issue Possibly SOLVED!!

Seemed to work for me on an Inspiron 15z and consistent with some members of the family who don't use the touchscreen much observing the problem, and those who do use the touch screen not seeing the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi i have tried that. i have Dell i5 laptop. The touchscreen suddenly stopped working. I could not find anything related to touch screen under HID.Could someone suggest how to make this work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I unchecked that option under power management,no change. I could not find anything with the touchscreen phrase. Could you please suggest something on this and help me out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for the tip but the problem some of us are having is that the driver no longer shows correctly and you cannot do anything with it. It actually shows as "Uknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)" and then it is impossible to do anything with it.

I have reinstalled the drivers many times but it always come up like that. I might have another go at some point.

My touch screen has now been broken for 15 months and I have just learned to live without it. What a waste of money though.

0 Kudos