tbowling
1 Nickel

RE: Laptop Will Not Charge, Tried Everything

Jump to solution

My BIOS does not have the battery health line at the bottom. I double checked after my last post. It's not there. And the one I bought from Amazon didn't work, so as I posted previously, I did buy a Dell charger, just not from Dell. I found a used one on Ebay. But I did get it to work after a whole day of trying and failing. Here's what you have to do: 1-Unplug your computer from the charger. 2-Shutdown the computer (don't restart, shut down). 3-Restart the computer while on battery power. 4- Plug in the computer AFTER Windows has fully loaded. 5-Unplug the charger from the outlet WHILE LEAVING IT PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER. 6-Wait for the charger to completely drain of power and the little LED light goes completely out. 7-Plug the charger back in.

This works for me. I don't know if it will work for anyone else or not. I know it seems like a lot to do just to get your computer to act like a normal computer, but it will work until I get a new one. Live and learn...

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Laptop Will Not Charge, Tried Everything

Jump to solution

Glad you resolved the adapter problem and sharing the solution for others to see. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos