Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2012 07:00

Laptop battery charge indicator

My Laptop's battery charge indicator light kepps blinking (red) . Does it indicate something?

I couldn't find anything more suitable than posting it in hardware so i did that.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 24th, 2012 08:00

Solid red blinking usually means a completely dead battery - what model system, and how old is it (and how old is the battery)?

105 Posts

May 24th, 2012 18:00

Hi anonymousss,

Welcome to the community

It seems like the battery failure, we need to check the battery health meter, you can check that by pressing the fn+f3 key on the keyboard.Or you can open the windows mobility center if using windows 7 operating system.

If the battery health meter shows that the battery is gone bad  you can purchase a one and if the system is  in one year from the invoice date then it will be replaced under the warranty.  Please let me know your findings.

Glad to assist,

Ravi_Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

49 Posts

May 24th, 2012 20:00

It means that you have to replace your battery with a new one.

May 25th, 2012 10:00

The fn +f3 key is not working, neither is there any battery health indicator in the windows mobilty centre. I had my hard-drive changed a few months ago, and reinstalled the programs myself , so that may be the reason the fn key is not working.If i can rectify it by installing something from the set of installation cds please tell me.

105 Posts

May 28th, 2012 16:00

Thank you for replying.

It seems like the Dell Quickset Application/utility is not installed, If you have the drivers and the utility disc you can use that to install this application.

You can log on to www.support.dell.com and click on drivers and downloads. Please  use the system service tag to download the application.

Also, I can help you with the link for the same, for that I need your system service tag which is 5-7 digit alpha numeric code labeled on the white sticker. If you face any difficulty you can add me as a friend and Private Message the laptop’s service tag number.

Glad to be of assistance.

Ravi_Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

No Events found!