Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 31st, 2013 19:00

Laptop becomes unresponsive after being powered on from hibernation mode

Hello, I again am having a problem with my Inspiron N5110 laptop. This time it is when I power on my laptop after it has gone into hibernation mode, after being in sleep mode for over an hour; I have the power settings set to make the computer enter hibernation mode after being in sleep mode for over an hour so, it boots up fine but it seems like it stops becoming responsive. No programs, when launched, open up and when I put my cursor on the task bar, it becomes that familiar spinning icon that indicates it launching or running a particular program tasked. I have sat several minutes waiting for it to respond and open the program(s) I've tasked it to, but nothing happens. I was wondering what could be the problem here and what could be done here to fix it, like a bios update or something?. Thank you to whoever helps!

PS. if it wasn't already known, my laptop runs Windows 7 as it's OS. Also please do share links where I can get various updates if these updates are the solutions, Thanks again!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 31st, 2013 19:00

Hi medicman3,

I would suggest you to reinstall the video card driver on the system to check if it fixes the issue. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the Video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Also, I’d suggest that you optimize and maintain your computer. Please run the fix it tools from the link below to check for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/18hlkXG

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

September 4th, 2013 20:00

Unfortunately after trying all the things you've requested I still get the same problem. The fix it tools do not seem to detect any noticeable problems, and the video card driver reinstallation didn't seem to help either.

No Events found!