Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2015 06:00

Laptop (dell inspiron 15-7000 series-7537) wont start

Yesterday my dell computer would not come on. When I hit the power button the keyboard would light up but the screen would not start. The computer was completely charged and the power cord works with no problems. It does not have a battery pack so I let the battery completely drain overnight. When I tried to turn the computer on again after 3 attempts of holding down the power button it finally rebooted. While my computer is working now I am concerned that this may happen again and that next time my computer will not start at all. Any suggestions or recommendations as to what could have caused this problem and how to prevent it from happening again. I completely love my touchscreen dell and would hate for it not to work!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 25th, 2015 11:00

It could have simply been a program or utility hanging the system.  Holding down the power button for a couple minutes should have fully shut down the system allowing you to boot, but baring that, you either have to remove the battery or wait until it is fully discharged.

I do suggest running diagnostics just to make sure that this isn't and indicator of possible hardware failure.

Please check here for more information on how to run diagnostics.  Please let me know what you find out.  

TB 

6 Posts

September 9th, 2017 10:00

Mr. Tarry B,  thanks for your reply. I already had removed the battery out and pressed the start switch for more than a minute to discharge the residue current. Then I tried to start again by fixing the battery back without fixing the cover, but no start attempt,  no sound of hard disk as well as no movement of cooling fan. Just tell me how time I have to press the start button after removing battery.  Because max I pressed for 70 seconds.

6 Posts

September 9th, 2017 17:00

Hi, my laptop finally got started. I removed the main battery as well as bios battery and shorted the terminals of where bios battery fits for few second. Then reinserted both the batteries and turn the power on.. Finally I succeeded to make it alive from dead. I did the diagnosis test but no error code was found. One thing I didn't understand,  why it happened.  Any how its working fine now. Praise the Lord

No Events found!