Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2013 14:00

Laptop does not show webcam after reinstallation of Win7

Hello. I upgraded my xps 15z laptop to Win8 and it did not work with the hardware configuration. So, I downgraded back to Win7 and it works fine now. I just went to use my webcam and discovered that there is no software for it. I then looked at my hardware and it doesn't even show it on the list. Does anyone know what to do? I've looked all over the site for the software Webcam Central, which I think was on this computer before, but I can't find it. I don't even know if that will make my computer recognize that there is an integrated webcam. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

3.1K Posts

July 25th, 2013 14:00

Hi spkj,

You can download and install Webcam software from the following link http://dell.to/14IaLvu. if after installing the software, the camera doesn't work, then try the following steps.

Please check under 'Imaging Devices' in 'Device Manager' and see if the Integrated webcam gets detected. To check webcam in 'Device Manager':

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Imaging Devices”, you will find the 'Webcam' listed.
  • Right click and uninstall. 
  • Restart and see if it makes any difference. 

If issue persists, you may uninstall the USB root hubs and check if it makes any difference. To uninstall USB Root Hubs:

• Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’
  • From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’
  • Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’
  • Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed
  • Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled
  • Restarted the computer
  • Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer

2 Posts

July 25th, 2013 15:00

That worked awesome! Thanks!!

3.1K Posts

July 25th, 2013 16:00

Hi spkj,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out in case you have any further questions.

No Events found!