Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2014 15:00

Laptop inspiron 1721 wont start

My inspiron 1721 wont start .i push the power button,the power Led lighted then the Led for majors letter flashes then after 1-1.5 minutes the laptop turn off.i dont know what´s the problem .Does somebody have expérience that problem.

6 Posts

February 11th, 2014 09:00

Thanks i Will do that.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 18th, 2014 07:00

Hi Harold1945,

If your system has an onboard video card then you may have to replace the motherboard, suppose if your system has a discrete video card (additional card) also you may have to replace the motherboard. You can check the warranty status using the link which I have provided in my previous post.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 10th, 2014 11:00

Hi Harold1945,

Try releasing the static power and remove and reseat the memory and hard drive and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power. To remove and reseat the hard drive using the link below

http://dell.to/17xTZkS

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.

Let me know about the progress.

6 Posts

February 10th, 2014 16:00

i dont think it´s better because now i have two of the three lights blink.The first and the second.And the third was lighted continuously.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 11th, 2014 07:00

Hi Harold1945,

The LED light (two lights are flashing and the third light is steady) which indicates it’s a video card issue. I would suggest you to remove and reseat the video card referring to the user manual in the link below by a certified technician

http://dell.to/17xTZkS

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 12th, 2014 11:00

Hi Harold1945,

Please let me know the status after reseating the video card.

6 Posts

February 15th, 2014 19:00

Now when i push the power button,the light of power lighted on,the optimal drive turn and the led of caps lock flash for 1-1.5 minutes then the computer turn off and nothing was displayed on screen.Not even dell in white.i don ´t know what to do now.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 16th, 2014 13:00

Hi Harold1945,

This may be an issue with the video card consider replacing it; Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

6 Posts

February 17th, 2014 18:00

Is it possible that there are more than one main board for this model of laptop,inspiron 1721.Because i don't find the video card on that board

6 Posts

March 1st, 2014 09:00

I have buy and change my motherboard and now it start and work really good.i think it because the laptop have heated and damaged. The fan was full of dust.So thanks for your help and your advice i appréciâtes it.

No Events found!