Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2013 06:00

Laptop internal fan stopped working.

So, since today i noticed my internal laptop fan stopped working. It just literally stopped . (Laptop: Dell Inspiron N4010). I tried the following things.

- Updating my BIOS (Already was at A13)
- Updating drivers (All were upto-date)
- Restarting my laptop (did a few times)
- Checked my AC Adapter and battery
- Ran Dell Diagnostics via F12 on startup (no errors found)
- Removed any dust.

The fan doesn't start at all. Another thing i would like to express is that i highly regret spending money on my Dell laptop, being honest this is like the 5th time i've issues on my laptop since the warranty has expired and now i've learnt the hard way what products i should and shouldn't buy (sadly Dell has fallen into one of these categories). 

I would really love some usefull answers.

Thanks in advance,
THiLaN 

750 Posts

Hi THiLaN,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Based on the description of the issue and the troubleshooting that has already been performed on the system, replacing the fan should be the next step.

May I know in which country are you located so that I can provide the contact details for our Dell Expired Warranty Services?

13 Posts

I'm residing in Colombo, Srilanka

750 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 09:00

Hi THiLaN,

Please refer the following link that has contact details for Dell Partners in Sri Lanka: http://dell.to/16NI5Tw

You may contact any of the nearest Dell Partner to find out the availability as well as the price of the replacement parts for your laptop.

Do let me know if you have any further questions

No Events found!