Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2015 20:00

Laptop not starting after windows 10 installation

My Dell inspiron m5010 that I just installed windows 10 to I  not turning on, the ac adapter is plugged in and the light is only on on the ac adapter but not the computer itself

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 23rd, 2015 22:00

Hi,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

Also, I would suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive and optical drive and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

September 24th, 2015 09:00

Hello and good morning

The "Black screen of death" could be a variety of issues:

Dirty install

Incompatibility

Hardware failure

Recognition of the HDD or SDD which you may be able to remove the drive and reseat it?

The following came from Microsoft on installing Windows 10 if you can fix the current issues:

Go to Google search engine and enter getmediacreationtool then run, next create iso file for different PC then save to desktop. Click on the shortcut then download file.

For some reason I did not have to do all of the above and I have a fresh/clean install of Windows 10.

I also ran the software that loaded Windows 10 Professional. However, I will NEVER be able to downgrade the OS. This is the "price I paid" for selecting this option.

However, I am impressed with Windows 10 but this is only MY VIEW and I do not expect our forum members to concur.

25 Posts

September 24th, 2015 13:00

I now think it might be a problem with the power button, if there is a way to fix the power button without getting a new palm rest please tell me

25 Posts

September 25th, 2015 15:00

Well I think I found the problem, I removed the keyboard and unplugged the wire that goes from the motherboard to the power button and one of the connectors is worn out but the one on the wire for the power button

25 Posts

September 25th, 2015 15:00

Well I think I found the problem, I removed the keyboard and unplugged the wire that goes from the motherboard to the power button and one of the connectors is worn out

No Events found!