LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Laptop only works when plugged in

Jump to solution

Since the problem occurred after playing a video game, I suggest you update the Video drivers and some of the other drivers as well.

First:

Installing drivers through Windows Update - Type Setting onto  search box, click Update And Security, and select "Check for Updates". Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Second:

Run the Guide Me option in your Dell Product Support page. The tool will automatically detect driver updates (Chipset,Video) for your system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in the link below.

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Deleted.....

0 Kudos
Issy543
1 Copper

Jump to solution

That quote is no longer the case for me,

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Good. Thanks...

0 Kudos
Issy543
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My drivers are updated and windows has no new update,

0 Kudos
Issy543
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Update 3: My Laptop was fine, but then it shut down automatically, and needed to be charged, despite having 55% of remaining battery.

0 Kudos
Issy543
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm charging it for 4 hours now with it turned off. I didn't do that when I first used it. Hopefully it will work once that's done.

0 Kudos
Issy543
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Update 4: I'm returning this laptop, and will be receiving a replacement. It was simply too much hassle for me to deal with this problem.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

It's very unfortunate you're still experiencing problems with the computer. I'm hoping your computer is fix or replace in the very near future, look forward to your next update.

0 Kudos
Issy543
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Update 5: My replacement laptop has no battery problem, but it may have a problem with the speaker; with the volume at 100% or whenever the laptop receives a notification, it makes a 'sharp' sound.

0 Kudos