Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2014 06:00

Laptop reboots when it's undocked

I have a user who whose laptop reboots every time it's undocked. It's a Latitude E7440 with Windows 7 Pro.

Could this be a hardware issue? We have a lot of laptop users here all using Latitudes with the same image but this is the first time I've seen this.

Thanks.

August 4th, 2016 10:00

You are *quite* wrong.

Quote from your website:

Some computers have an eject button on the docking station. Pressing the eject button instead of following this procedure also undocks the laptop. For more information, see the documentation provided with your docking station.

Please do not make exclamatory comments carelessly like:

"

if you just undock by pressing the button it may damage the hardware.

"

32 Posts

June 25th, 2014 09:00

The undock option wasn't available. To undock, he simply pushes on the button to release the laptop. Other users do it the same way and don't have any problems, it's just this one.

June 25th, 2014 09:00

Hi Hansen,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Please let us know how exactly the user undocking the computer. Are you undocking the computer using undock option?
Please click here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754084.aspx to know about how to safely remove a portable computer from a docking station.

Please try safe remove the dicking station and lete us know if this helped.

June 27th, 2014 09:00

Hansen,

Please try undocking in Safe mode, if it’s not rebooting in safe mode when you undock then it is operating system issue.
We request you to follow the steps mentioned in the link in my previous message to undock, if you just undock by pressing the button it may damage the hardware.

Let us know if this helped.

No Events found!