Highlighted
alpha191
1 Copper

Re: Latitude 10 docking station hdmi issue

The problem with our setup ended up being a problem with the HDMI to DVI adapter.  We found another adapter that worked fine.

Soeyken
1 Copper

Thx for this info Alpha191, I also have a problem with sending the video signal through a HDMI to DVI conversion cable on the Dock. This cable is rather long in distance. I will try with another (shorter) HDMI to DVI cable then.

Mini HDMI works.

Another issue is that the USB and MicroHDMI port are disabled when docked. Does anybody know a tweak for that?

Highlighted
AllenTXGuy
1 Copper

Same thing here.   Latest drivers updated today. I can plug the HDMI cable into several TV's and get back just the model numbers of the TVs and it recognizes the second screen in Windows, but It's blank and shows "No Signal" on the TV -  I take the HDMI cable out of the back of the docking station and plug it into my Dell laptop, it comes right up and starts working without an issue.

Does anyone have this dock actually working? (I no, not with extra adapters for a monitor, I mean a real HDTV, for business presentations)

Thanks

Highlighted
jaythetech
1 Copper

RE: Latitude 10 docking station hdmi issue

Anyone ever find a resolve for this. I to am trying to run an HDMI cable directly from the dock to a Monitor tha has an HDMI in (not TV) and I receive no signal. The tablet does see the monitor and it does report the model number but no joy on video. Even if I send it to the external only, in fact I got stuck that way and had to use Win+P to get it back.

Highlighted
AlunReynolds
1 Copper

No is the short answer.  If I connect my Latitude 10 directly to my TV (Panasonic) using a cable with a mini hdmi on one end and full size on the other, everything works fine.  However, If I connect the Productivity Dock to the TV (obviously using a cable with full size hdmi at each end) nothing happens.  The TV receives no signal to the HDMI channel to which the dock is connected.

As I have said before, the dock is just a very expensive usb hub and powered cradle.

Highlighted
arhannan
1 Copper

No is the short answer.  If I connect my Latitude 10 directly to my TV (Panasonic) using a cable with a mini hdmi on one end and full size on the other, everything works fine.  However, If I connect the Productivity Dock to the TV (obviously using a cable with full size hdmi at each end) nothing happens.  The TV receives no signal to the HDMI channel to which the dock is connected.

As I have said before, the dock is just a very expensive usb hub and powered cradle.

... and those with the Essentials version, which doesn't even have a mini HDMI port on the device, are screwed ... Between this and the broken audio problem, I think I'm done with Dell and Tablets.