Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2013 09:00

Latitude 10 docking station hdmi issue

hello

I am having trouble connecting my tv to the docking station for my latitude 10  Is there any special configuration for the tablet to detect the additional display?

thank you in advance

art

January 22nd, 2013 04:00

We have the exact same problem.

I have not yet tested a HDMI-connection directly from the tablet as we do not have a mini-HDMI avaliable right now.

The tablet detects a connection on the HDMI-plug but it is unable to show the make and model of the monitor aswell as send any picture at all. In the screen settings it shows the connected monitor as a "default VGA device". We have tried with several monitors and HDMI-cables.

Using my Latitude E6220 I am able to produce a picture with no problems. The laptop also detects the make and model of the monitor with no problems.

Kind regards

Thomas

4 Posts

February 6th, 2013 13:00

We are having the same issues as well.  Just purchased a mini HDMI adapter and will find out if it works directly from the tablet.

2 Posts

March 27th, 2013 16:00

I am having the same issues. I have the Latitude 10 on the dock, powered, connected to my TV via the dock's HDMI port. The tablet detects that a 2nd display exists, but cannot identify the make / model, nor will  it actually send any video to it. I, also, have not yet been able to test HDMI output directly from the tablet as I don't have a Mini HDMI adapter.

1 Message

March 29th, 2013 08:00

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this, I recently purchased 10 of these for our sales department, and cannot get the HDMI from the docking station to work on any. I have called Dell Support and it seems like they know just about as much as I do when it comes to the new tablet.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2013 09:00

I ended up updating the Intel driver set to the latest available (at the time) from the Dell driver page - A04 (9.14.3.1099), while this did provide some initial improvements, it did not seem very reliable. In the first test the tablet, while connected to the dock did correctly detect the Make/Model of my TV and display video, but this ended up as it was previously when I attempted to change the display settings.

Since then I have been able to get the HDMI from the dock to work properly and even configure all the display settings as I would like. The key I noticed was setting the tablet on the dock followed by setting the correct input on the external display to initialize the HDMI link - setting the display input prior to docking the tablet had no positive results.

Also, while I've not yet tried it, just this morning the A03 and A04 Intel driver sets have been replaced with A05 (9.14.3.1130). Hopefully this brings some results to this issue. I will test and report shortly.

UPDATE: Using the newly released A05 driver set,  I've been able to successfully connect to the external display I had previously configured - presently working with the display ready and waiting on the correct input prior to docking the tablet. I've only tested a cloned display this morning, but had it configured as an extended display yesterday using the A04 driver set.

1 Message

March 30th, 2013 23:00

I am having the same problem with my latitude 10 tablet.

Where did you get the version 9.14.3.1130 A05 driver as they are not posted on Dell's site?

Dell says they don't have the drivers.  If anyone knows, can please post where to get this newer driver.

thanks

15 Posts

April 30th, 2013 03:00

I have the same problem.  I have upgraded to the AO5 Driver set, but still no joy.  If I plug in to the latitude's own HDMI socket using a mini adaptor, I can get the TV to act as a monitor.  But it does not use the whole screen.  Even then it doesn't always work.  If I plug the slate into the productivity dock and try to use the HDMI connection the slate acts like it knows there is an external monitor, but doesn't connect with the TV or show on the TV screen.

47 Posts

June 17th, 2013 13:00

I can get the TV to act as a monitor.  But it does not use the whole screen.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 6th, 2013 16:00

Yeah I am on A06 and all the latest chipset drivers installed. Using the dock and then pressing Win+P to get the screen to duplicate on my LED panel. The panel does not turn on it's always blank. Same with the mini-connector out of the dock. WTF Dell? Get your act together! Do you even bother testing these connectors before shipping out any of your products? If you do test them then explain to me why a business user needs to waste his/her time troublshooting what types of monitors/tv's they can and cannot connect to in a meeting?

4 Posts

August 7th, 2013 08:00

The problem with our setup ended up being a problem with the HDMI to DVI adapter.  We found another adapter that worked fine.

8 Posts

August 12th, 2013 03:00

Thx for this info Alpha191, I also have a problem with sending the video signal through a HDMI to DVI conversion cable on the Dock. This cable is rather long in distance. I will try with another (shorter) HDMI to DVI cable then.

Mini HDMI works.

Another issue is that the USB and MicroHDMI port are disabled when docked. Does anybody know a tweak for that?

1 Message

August 18th, 2013 19:00

Same thing here.   Latest drivers updated today. I can plug the HDMI cable into several TV's and get back just the model numbers of the TVs and it recognizes the second screen in Windows, but It's blank and shows "No Signal" on the TV -  I take the HDMI cable out of the back of the docking station and plug it into my Dell laptop, it comes right up and starts working without an issue.

Does anyone have this dock actually working? (I no, not with extra adapters for a monitor, I mean a real HDTV, for business presentations)

Thanks

3 Posts

November 20th, 2013 09:00

Anyone ever find a resolve for this. I to am trying to run an HDMI cable directly from the dock to a Monitor tha has an HDMI in (not TV) and I receive no signal. The tablet does see the monitor and it does report the model number but no joy on video. Even if I send it to the external only, in fact I got stuck that way and had to use Win+P to get it back.

15 Posts

November 21st, 2013 01:00

No is the short answer.  If I connect my Latitude 10 directly to my TV (Panasonic) using a cable with a mini hdmi on one end and full size on the other, everything works fine.  However, If I connect the Productivity Dock to the TV (obviously using a cable with full size hdmi at each end) nothing happens.  The TV receives no signal to the HDMI channel to which the dock is connected.

As I have said before, the dock is just a very expensive usb hub and powered cradle.

20 Posts

May 11th, 2014 09:00

No is the short answer.  If I connect my Latitude 10 directly to my TV (Panasonic) using a cable with a mini hdmi on one end and full size on the other, everything works fine.  However, If I connect the Productivity Dock to the TV (obviously using a cable with full size hdmi at each end) nothing happens.  The TV receives no signal to the HDMI channel to which the dock is connected.

As I have said before, the dock is just a very expensive usb hub and powered cradle.

... and those with the Essentials version, which doesn't even have a mini HDMI port on the device, are screwed ... Between this and the broken audio problem, I think I'm done with Dell and Tablets.  

No Events found!