Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 13:00

Latitude 11 3147 screen upside down in tablet (landscape) mode.

If I fold the screen all the way around to tablet mode, whenever I'm in landscape mode, the screen is upside down. In Portrait mode it's fine.

I've spent  a few hours with Dell support who loaded drivers, did a system restore, loaded more drivers and declared it fixed. After a few rounds of doing literally nothing but loading windows updates, it's broken again. Is there a way to tweak how the sensor works?

Also, when in tablet mode, even though the keyboard is locked, the touchpad isn't which can be annoying.

December 2nd, 2015 10:00

Same here.  Tent mode or Landscape Tablet mode, the display is inverted.

I've searched for a solution since purchase. I found it was affecting many others.

I thought there was finally a fix for Win8.1 but that won't work on Win10.

I just saw two other machines running WIn10 and they worked correctly.

Anyone found a fix for this problem?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2015 17:00

gabbygarner,

Press and hold...

Ctrl     Alt   and press the up arrow

Rick

1 Message

June 30th, 2016 14:00

I bought this model a few days ago. I have exactly the same problem described above. The solution posted by Rockstar-Rick K doesn't work. You can force the orientation with the keyboard shortcut or the menu in the clock area of the task bar but immediatly turns inverted again.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please post the solution here. In the meanwhile I'll keep the automatic rotation disabled on Windows.

Thanks!

July 1st, 2016 15:00

Update:  Dell Support finally replaced the system board and the problem was immediately fixed!

No Software updates required.  Running Win10 and all the display behaviors are correct, now.

No Events found!