Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

November 27th, 2017 16:00

Latitude 3570 2 systems showing video problems within weeks of each other, blank, dark, black, video card,

Hi, I bought 2 Latitude 3570s at the same time last year and both have this vertical line screen problem this month. Warranty just expired at the start of this month. I'm still waiting for one of them to ship to me to take a look at. The other one I have here, I connected to a vga monitor and the monitor shows this exact screen as the one on the laptop. When I move the mouse, that square on the screen moves along with it. I don't see the Dell logo on startup.

I removed all attachments, usb mouse, power, and battery for 30 seconds and replaced it and it's working now. Maybe temporary. Anyone knows what can fix this? I'll try update to the BIOS 1.9.0 after this post. Thanks in advance!

9.4K Posts

November 28th, 2017 06:00

Hi hotema,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  
Usually when both the LCD and the external monitor are exhibiting the same symptoms, it's either the GPU or the Motherboard that are suspect.  If you haven't already, even though you may be out of warranty, you might run a systems diagnostics test by pressing F12 at startup to see if there are any error messages, then contact Tech Support for additional troubleshooting.  If it's a problem that was reported during the warranty period, they may suggest a repair under warranty, if not, then they would be able to refer you to Out of Warranty services and a possible price of repairs.

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

1 Message

November 30th, 2017 08:00

I have the exact same issue with an order of 30 or so of this same model.  All of them have begun showing this exact problem within the last 2 weeks

9.4K Posts

December 4th, 2017 07:00

couldcareless,

If you have 30 or so, then your company would have a Technical Account Manager.  The TAM would be the best person to contact, as they have knowledge of your purchase order, your account, and your warranty.  If you do not know who your TAM is, please contact your IT department or Financial department.  Thanks.

1 Message

December 13th, 2017 05:00

Hi- I have four Latitude 3570 from a batch I bought about a year ago that are all presenting this exact screen.  Did you ever find a resolution?  

Thanks for any advice?

1 Message

December 26th, 2017 02:00

hey so i just picked up one of these laptops today, im having the same issue. were there any updates?

No Events found!