Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2017 20:00

Latitude 7275 Cannot connect Bluetooth Speaker

I cannot connect my laptop to an external Bluetooth speaker. When I try to add the device, it detects the speaker but connecting fails. I tried turning WiFi off while doing that and didn't help. I have installed the latest Bluetooth driver. The message stays as "Connecting" for a long time and eventually fails with "Try Connecting your device again" message. Any help is appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 9th, 2017 14:00

The only thing I can thnk of is perhaps a corrupt OS (operating system). But you would have to had made the OS reinstall USB when you first got the system to try to reinstall the OS.

September 7th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for your response. OS is Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates. I also installed the latest BT Driver for my service tag. The BT speaker works like a breeze with both my phone and a Macbook. It's a Bose Minilink. However, I was able to connect my phone to it and transfer file from Laptop to the phone.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 7th, 2017 08:00

What operating system? Have you tested another BT (mouse or keyboard) device to see if it also has connection issues? Have you tested the BT speakers on another computer?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 7th, 2017 10:00

So your saying that the Bose Minilink works? See if the Intel utility will install a newer BT driver.

September 7th, 2017 16:00

The Bose system works perfectly with other devices. I updated the drivers using the Intel Utility and now I consistently get "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again" even with my phone which once connected successfully.

September 9th, 2017 14:00

Thank you Chris! I have already sent my laptop in for service. In addition to BT problem, the micro SD slot is faulty and doesn't lock the card. I will try to re-install the OS if it was still broken by the time I get it back. Interestingly, I booted it with live Ubuntu and BT works like a charm! Such a shame for Windows and its drivers. I would switch to Ubuntu if battery life was not a problem. The battery already *** under Windows.

September 16th, 2017 06:00

I finally solved the issue. I sent it to the repair center and they replaced the wireless card and it didn't help. I reset the Windows to its factory state and now BT works like a charm. Seems like the OS with all Dell bloatware was the culprit.

No Events found!