Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 10th, 2015 21:00

Latitude 7350 - System Service Exception on log in with keyboard attached

I have a new Lati 7350 2:1.  I recently had a Win 8.1 install and pulled down all the available windows security and optional OS updates.

Issue:  When I boot the PC into Windows login screen - I will always go blue screen to a "System Service Exception" if I log in WITH keyboard attached.

If I detach the keyboard I am able to log in and reattach the keyboard.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  I am able to reproduce this 100% of the time.

I didn't have a restore point set up prior to the updates.  I tried to manually uninstall all updates but it did not work.

Any driver updates for the keyboard?

May 20th, 2015 08:00

Good day to everyone,

I did confirm that with the assistance of Dell technical support that this issue is being caused by the ALPS driver. So if you have installed, uninstall and then restart. It should then allow you to login without BSOD. Thanks to Brandon C. and his persistence in the matter. Dell is aware of the issue and there may be some corrective driver update or patch to fix the issue. If I find that out for sure I'll repost when I find out. Thanks for everyone's help!

1 Message

January 6th, 2016 14:00

Hey guys, here is the answer to your problem. We got 100+ of these all with same issue. Dell was no help had to figure it out on our own.

1. Remove tablet from keyboard dock

2. Log into tablet using on screen keyboard

3. Go into Computer management

4. Click on and expand Services and applications on left side

5. Click on Service on left side

6. Find and double click/tap the Alps HID Monitor service

7. Click the STOP button

8. Set Startup type to DISABLE

9. Apply and close. Re-dock problem solved!

No Events found!