jedifozzie
1 Copper

Latitude 7370 Headphone Jack LOUD

Had my 7370 for over a month now and i have a problem with the headphone jack when i plug my headphones in and watch movies or listen to music its very loud and i mean loud i have to turn it down to like 30% and that is still quite loud.

also feels like its missing a bit of quality because its just so loud its like its over amped and has no control of the audio.

on other laptops or devices i normally listen at around 70-80% of the volume.

i have uninstalled drives and updated to the latest version and also just used the windows driver that helped a little but was still over the top.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

RE: Latitude 7370 Headphone Jack LOUD

The volume you hear can be controlled by more than one volume controller.  If you were using iTunes, it has a volume control which needs to be used in conjunction with the computer volume control.

Also, if you are getting popups when you plug in the headset, it may give you options for what device was plugged in and one option is Headphones-small.  Once you select that, you should be able to set your preferences and then save that so it will load with the headset.

I run my system at 30% or less.  If you can hear it clearly the actual percentage is just a gauge on that system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

jedifozzie
1 Copper

RE: Latitude 7370 Headphone Jack LOUD

Tried what you suggested still very loud i just find the audio very poor don't know why, had an MSI gaming laptop and a couple of macbooks but the audio is just to loud and not very good quality just needs to be rained in a little .

also noticed if i plug psu in while listening to something i get a matrix sound interference, same when unplugged 

0 Kudos