mej284
1 Nickel

Latitude C600 - Lid switch

Does the C600 have a lid switch so it knows when the laptop is closed.  I have seen where it refers to one in bios, but I can't physically find one.  So does it have a lid switch and where is it located?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
muto
3 Zinc

Re: Latitude C600 - Lid switch

yes it does.  you will see a pin like object sticking out from the plastic bezel that is above the keyboard.  this pin is depressed when the screen is in the closed position.  - oops, i was thinking of the D600... not sure where it is on the C.  since there is no obvious pin switch then i would suspect that it has a magnetic switch with a small magnet hidden somewere in the plastic bezel that surrounds the screen.

mej284
1 Nickel

Re: Latitude C600 - Lid switch

I have open the computer a couple of times both the display and the base of the laptop.  I have not found the part.  I know that I had one person point out what they thought the switch was but all it was a microphone and IR Leds.  I wouldn't be looking so hard but this was a gift given to a child for christmas.  So if you or anyone else have any idea's I would deeply appreciate it.

Thank You.

0 Kudos