Highlighted
Not applicable

Latitude C600 Netgear HA501 Crashes with XP

I have a Latitude C600 and a Netgear HA501 802.11a wireless card. The card worked great for many months until the laptop was "upgraded" to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000 Pro. Now XP crashes hard whenever I use the wireless card for any period of time. The XP install was clean and the Netgear install went without a hitch. I disabled Windows managing the wireless connection and everything seems fine - e.g. no errors and connection is good.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Re: Latitude C600 Netgear HA501 Crashes with XP

Consultjg,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You should reinstall the drivers for your network card.  Netgear should be able to assist you with this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Latitude C600 Netgear HA501 Crashes with XP

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I did reinstall the drivers strictly following Netgear's documentation. The system crashed whenever I used the card. I uninstalled the 1.3 driver and installed the 2.0 driver strictly following Netgear's instructions. No problems with the install or card performance. After a few minutes XP blue screens and reboots. I guess I should believe Microsoft that the card is not compatible with XP instead of Netgear that it is. It worked great with Win2K.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff
0 Kudos