cinbot
1 Nickel

Latitude CPt

Hey, have this fossil of a laptop which i am having a problem with...basically the hinge on the screen on the side had broken off so downloaded the service manual, stripped the unit to try and repair it put everything back together and now when i plug the charger in the green light on the unit come on but when i push the power switch the green light on the unit AS WELL AS the green light on the power adaptor go off and nothing happens on machine???

Any advice on what the problem could be? machine was booting up fine before taking it apart and have checked that i put all connections back properly so have no idea what the prob could be....

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Latitude CPt

Check to make sure there isn't a ground somewhere there shouldn't be - loose screw, cable, etc.  If there isn't an evident ground somewhere, the mainboard has failed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cinbot
1 Nickel

did check that out but will double check again....strange for the main board to go coz machine was running fine right before i opened it up had just shut it down...is there anyway to test the mainboard?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Not really - short of swapping it with one known to be good.

0 Kudos