Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

17 Posts

January 1st, 2005 01:00

Latitude D600 Docking/Undocking Procedures

I have a Latitude D600 w/WPX SP1.  Just added the 2U442 D/Port Advanced Port Replicator and 6Y667 monitor stand.  The latop docks and functions perfectly.  The manuals mention  using the "Undock" button on the monitor stand before undocking.  There is also an "Undock Computer" path in the "Start" function of WXP.

What is the proper procedure for undocking my laptop?  I have a Dell C620 at work w/W2K.  All that is required is "Start > Turn Off Computer" and the O/S does it all.

I would never have a situation in which I would undock with the laptop still on.

Bill
Austin, TX 

1 Message

January 3rd, 2005 09:00

Never say never, I have been in the situation when I have to undock my system while the computer is still on. and my latitude d600 is never happy when I do this.
Vidal

8 Posts

January 4th, 2005 15:00

It all depends on if you want the computer to go into standby when you undock it, or do you want it to power down before you undock it?

If you place it in stand-by it will switch over to the internal battery and screen, otherwise you'll have to power it on again.

1 Message

November 18th, 2008 16:00

i go to start menu and click on undock,my pc goes into stand by,how do i get it out of stand by after i eject it from the docking station,i have a dell latitude d600

No Events found!