Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 25th, 2009 11:00

Latitude D600 and windows 7

Hello,

I have a Latitude d600.  I have installed windows 7.  But I want to install drivers and update some.  But I only see windows 2000 and XP as option.  Anyway I can get the windows 7 drivers for my Latitude?

February 2nd, 2015 12:00

no there's drivers, i know thia is really late to post this but i have a d600 with windows 7 and it works really good. When i installed windows 7 on it there was no drivers either and when i downloaded them the sound worked great after that

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2009 12:00

The wired driver is probably Intel -- the wireless, likely Broadcom -- you should be able to use Vista or 7 drivers for these.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

There should be little or no need beyond what WIndows 7 natively supports - and the system is so old, you won't find the drivers from Dell.  This system was never supported with Vista and 7 won't be officially supported, either.

If there's a driver missing, you'll have to find it from Microsoft or from the component manufacturer.  The D600 is ancient as systems go - it went end of life years ago.

21 Posts

I understand it is old.  But it is still a perfectly good laptop hardware wise.  Unfortually I was hoping windows would install generic drivers.

Drivers I need are the NIc drivers and wireless drivers.

1 Message

July 7th, 2010 13:00

Audio Driver:
Search for Realtek ac97vista_6305 download --> unzip --> High light the sound missing component under Device Manager, then update by point to the directory you just unzip the ac97vista_6305.

www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97-realtek-driver-vista.html

Wireless network
For missing wireless driver, just plug your Ethernet to your network, then do windows update; the windows update

will update your wireless drive.

Info from : http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/36613-anyone-have-working-audio-driver-dell-d600.html

That would be it. I have my Dell D600 running fine on Windows 7.

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

July 7th, 2010 16:00

vista  and windows 7 is not really supported for your laptop........its just too old...i have an old desktop that i cannot upgrade due to the age and non-support for drivers....get ya a newer notebook

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 7th, 2010 16:00

Both should be available - from either Intel or Broadcom (whichever you have - D600s were shipped with both wired NICs and a variety of wireless cards).

November 19th, 2010 05:00

I am trying to install windows 7 on my latitude from an ISO but I need to make a bootable windows 7 disk.  Do you know how I can make a bootable windows 7 disk from an ISO?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 19th, 2010 05:00

If the ISO was made properly, all you need to do is extract and burn it to a DVD.  Nero, Roxio, Sonic, etc., can all do this.

November 19th, 2010 06:00

Actually, I found this tool : Create Windows 7 Bootable USB Drive or DVD Using Official “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft (http://www.askvg.com/create-windows-7-bootable-usb-drive-or-dvd-using-official-windows-7-usbdvd-download-tool-from-microsoft/) .  Thanks to all for the wonderful suggestions.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

If the ISO was made properly, all you need to do is extract and burn it to a DVD.  Nero, Roxio, Sonic, etc., can all do this.

It is totally unnecesary to extract anything from an ISO file. Burn it direct to DVD using Roxio. Roxio has that capability. I have done it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If you burn the ISO file directly to DVD, it'll be useless.  You must extract the image and burn at the same time - yes, Roxio or Nero does that, but it's absolutely NOT the same thing as writing the ISO to the DVD.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 19th, 2010 07:00

If you burn the ISO file directly to DVD, it'll be useless.  You must extract the image and burn at the same time - yes, Roxio or Nero does that, but it's absolutely NOT the same thing as writing the ISO to the DVD.

I have no clue what you are talking about. There is an option in Roxio to burn the ISO file directly. NO EXTRACTION necessary. Let me repeat. NO EXTRACTION necessary. It is under the Copy menu called Burn Image to Disc. As I wrote before. I have done this multiple times. The DVD is ready to go with all of the files. The DVD does not have the ISO file. It has all the files contained in the ISO.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 19th, 2010 08:00

Your desire to prove yourself right is blinding you to the obvious - the process of USING Roxio (or Sonic, Nero, etc) DOES EXTRACT THE ISO on the fly as it writes the CD.

The "direct burn" is NOT writing the ISO - it is extracting the contents and writing it to CD on the fly.

Too many people assume that "write to CD" means "write the ISO". It does not - you must EXTRACT the ISO and write it to the CD.  Some programs do that automatically (which is why the process is easily confused with simple CD writing).

I understand PERFECTLY what Roxio is doing.

All I am saying is that if someone has Roxio and all Dell PCs come with it. They do NOT need to extract. All they need to do is to use that Roxio feature. Why not use it when it is there.

Why didn't you tell them to use this feature????  Instead of making them do things the hard way????

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 19th, 2010 08:00

Your desire to prove yourself right is blinding you to the obvious - the process of USING Roxio (or Sonic, Nero, etc) DOES EXTRACT THE ISO on the fly as it writes the CD.

The "direct burn" is NOT writing the ISO - it is extracting the contents and writing it to CD on the fly.

Too many people assume that "write to CD" means "write the ISO". It does not - you must EXTRACT the ISO and write it to the CD.  Some programs do that automatically (which is why the process is easily confused with simple CD writing).

No Events found!