Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2012 10:00

Latitude D630 SM Bus Controller

I have a Dell D630 Laptop that I've re-installed Windows XP on and I'm having some difficulty finding drivers for it. I've already installed the chipset drivers and tried some things with the NVidia stuff. Anyone have any ideas what I might be overlooking? Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 10:00

You must install the Dell notebook system software and the chipset driver.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2012 12:00

What system software are you referring to? I've been re-imaging Dell systems for about 10 years now and have never had to install that for any drivers...

3.8K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 22:00

Hi

Welcome to the Community. The Notebook System Software (NSS) is a utility that provides critical updates and patches for your operating system. Install the NSS program to gain support for Dell 3.5-inch USB floppy drives, Intel Pentium-M processors, CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD drives, Infrared (IR) communications, and USB devices. NSS is necessary for correct operation of your Dell portable computer, including the Dell D/Bay, D/Dock, D/Port, and D/View family of docking devices. NSS automatically detects your computer and operating system and installs the updates appropriate for your configuration.

Use the below link to install it for your system.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

April 14th, 2012 15:00

the link you provided is for vista, not xp... for xp try:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&DriverId=R181862

No Events found!