Highlighted
usaf2222
1 Copper

Latitude D800 Doesn't Come Out of Stanby

I have an old Dell D800 that I use as a kind of goofing off machine. I recently rebuilt it as the perfect machine for web surfing and Document writing. /The computer runs great except for one glaring flaw, it refuses to come out of standby mode in Windows XP. A black screen over where the normal login screen is. I have already done the following:

-Updated the BIOS

-Graphics card has latest Firmware

-Graphics card drivers are up to date

The Specs for this system are:

-Pentium M 765 (2.1GHz/400mhz FSB)

-2GB RAM

-ATi Radeon Mobility 9600 Pro Turbo 128MB graphics card

-15.4" WUXGA Screen

I appreciate the help in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Latitude D800 Doesn't Come Out of Stanby

Hi usaf2222,

This issue can be caused by a corrupted video driver. I understand that you have already updated the video driver, I will recommend you to uninstall and re install it:

1. Click on 'Start' and right click on 'My Computer'.
  2. Click on 'Manage' and click on 'Device Manager'.
  3. Expand 'Display adapters' and right click on the video driver installed on your system.
  4. Click on 'uninstall' and check the box to delete the software.
  5. Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your system and click on http://dell.to/StZHdE
  6. Select  'Single-file Download'.
  7. Click on 'Continue' and click on 'Save'.
  8. Save the driver on the desktop.
  9. Go to dekstop and right click on the driver and click on 'Run as administrator'.
  10. Follow the on screen instructions to install the driver.
  11. Restart the system and check if the issue is fixed.

I am sending you a friend request followed by a private message; please send me your system's service tag through the private message in case the issue is not resolved. I will be glad to assist you.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram M
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to 
http://dell.to/YBlak6

0 Kudos