Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 15th, 2009 11:00

Latitude D830 Touchpad Erratic

I've had this D830 for about 8 months.  No problems EXCEPT the touchpad.  Touchpad seems to have a mind of its own.  Cursor moves on its own, sometimes even "clicks" on its own.  This is very annoying because I have to repeatedly save/update files to keep from loosing entered data.  Have tried both Dell drivers but the problem persists.  Have sent laptop to Dell to have touchpad replaced but the problems are still here!!

I see from web searches that I'm not alone with erratic touchpad problems on certain Latitude models.

Any solutions out there?  Has anyone had the touchpad replaced with one from a different manufacturer, or is this even possible?

September 17th, 2009 12:00

I have the problem too. Tech Support replaced the touchpad assembly this week but it still happened.  What's strange about mine is that both the Touchpad and the USB mouse do the same thing.  Tech Support recommended reloading the OS, which I finally did last night.  The mouse still goes a little crazy even with a new load, though not as bad as it did previously.  I have a D630 that is about 2 years old.  I bought a three-year warranty so will stick with the fight at least until the warranty runs out, then I'm thinking of a different model.

February 8th, 2010 19:00

My wife just got a Latitude D830 for her work running Vista Enterprise 32-bit and was having the same issue—erratic cursor movement with the touchpad that sometimes resulted in phantom clicks. I downloaded the latest driver for the touchpad from here: <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Thanks,

Lionel

1 Message

January 14th, 2014 20:00

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=2FYHT

had the same issues and with downloading and installing the above file it stopped doing the erratic behavior. 

No Events found!