Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

20 Posts

January 18th, 2009 19:00

Latitude E4300 Bluetooth 365 Location?

I just purchased a refurb Latitude E4300.  After working out most of the bugs, I just realized I forgot to look for one with Bluetooth. So I purchased a 365 Bluetooth module off eBay but was wondering where it actually plugs in. Does anyone know where it goes? Thanks!

2 Posts

July 8th, 2009 15:00

I am wondering the same thing. Just purchased a e4300 from the outlet and I also purchased the Dell Bluetooth 365 module for customer install.

Can anybody help on where to install this? I see no spot near the ram or wifi card?  Pls HELP, appreciate it in advance!

1 Message

July 14th, 2009 10:00

I had this issue too as I forgot to include bluetooth in my original order.  It's a bit tricky for a few reasons.  First it is buried inside the e4300.  You need to remove the keyboard and palm rest which means also removing the lcd.  Be careful of all the little ribbon cables.  It was roughly 20 screws.  The bluetooth module plugs into a little square with rounded edges on the underside of the palm rest right next to the track-pad.  You unscrew that little circuit board square (about one inch squared in size) and the bluetooth module fits in.  Run the install CD after it is all back together and you'll have buetooth.  Good luck!

2 Posts

September 10th, 2010 17:00

The posting from MTS_IT was accurate to the details. I was able to successfully install the bluetooth into the E4300 model Thanks MTS_IT.

We took a few pictures during the installation process. I am posting one of them; hopefully it will be useful for somebody.

1 Attachment

10 Posts

December 16th, 2011 14:00

Any pointers to the right manual to help find all the screws?

10 Posts

December 17th, 2011 05:00

That would presumably void your warranty though wouldn't it?

1 Message

November 10th, 2013 04:00

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e4300_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

This will show you how to remove the palm rest.  It also has information on how to remove the screen etc.

good luck

No Events found!